Land Management Goals
- What are your management goals for your land?
- How do you envision your land looking in the future?
- How do your personal values fit in with these ideas?
How you prioritize, invest, plan, and develop your land depends on your goals. Do you want to profit from your land or are you interested in making your family home a personal natural paradise? How much active participation do you want to have in the day to day operations of your venture? Do you want to share your land for public enjoyment?
Your answers to these questions help define your land management goals. The following are land management goals which can involve aspects of wetland conservation:
- Nature Tourism
- Wildlife Management
- Water Quality and Quantity Improvement, Flood Mitigation, and Local Climate Moderation
- Creation of a Mitigation Bank and Sell of Credits
- Carbon Storage and Sell of Carbon Credits